What Is PCS? – Permanent Change Of Station

mrsdesireerose,social media,small business,marketing,marketing to military families,marketing for military families,social media marketing,Desiree Martinez,smm,pcs move,moving vlog,air force assignments,air force,pcs move tips,military pcs move,pcs move entitlements,air force base assignments,air force overseas assignments,permanent change of station,military move,military moves

What Is PCS? – Permanent Change Of Station – One of the benefits of military life is the unique opportunity to experience life in different parts of the country and the world. A permanent change of station, or PCS, is a fact of life in the military. Receiving your PCS orders to transfer to a new duty station will happen at some point during your military career.

A PCS is an invitation to a new adventure — where you have the chance to live in diverse cultures and environments. Unlike temporary travel assignments, permanent change of station is a longer-term assignment, generally two to four years. Moves inside the continental United States are known as CONUS moves and moves outside the continental U.S. are known as OCONUS. These are typically overseas moves, but OCONUS also includes Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. territories.

The military can manage your PCS through teams of packers and movers. Your household goods typically are moved via a government carrier.

If you are in receipt of a Military Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders you should know what transportation allowances you are eligible for. A PCS move is basically a move between one duty station and another, or between your final duty station and home of record upon retirement or discharge. There are many types of PCS orders, each with their own special rules and regulations, some of these include: accompanied or unaccompanied PCS overseas, PCS to same geographic area, change of a ship’s homeport or unit’s location, PCS with temporary duty en route, etc. We will cover the basic allowances you can expect to see in most situations to help you understand what you can expect when you receive PCS orders.

The government will pay most costs associated with your move, if there are any costs not reimbursed you may be able to claim them on your taxes. You can receive many of these travel allowances before the move or you may be issued a travel card to help keep you from paying the high cost of moving out-of-pocket.